Partnership Alignment & Preparation for Sale
Conscient Strategies assisted the principles in a partnership that had experienced rapid growth to reevaluate their alignment and their objectives resulting in preparing the company for sale.
- With annual revenues catapulting overnight from $800K to $11M, the two partners struggled to manage the increased workload and scale their team effectively.
- Resentment grew as one partner assumed significantly more responsibility than did the other.
- As the relationship between the partners deteriorated, the culture of the firm suffered, and the future of the company began to be at risk.
What We Did
Conscient Strategies addressed three critical issues:
- Reconciling the tension between the partners.
- Understanding the culture of the firm and its strengths and challenges.
- Determining the optimal path forward.
We began by facilitating group sessions with both partners to identify goals of the firm and understand how far the divide was between the two partners. We also held individual sessions with the partners and with each member of the team to further understand the culture and to identify any opportunities to reconcile the tensions that were disrupting the success of the firm. The Conscient Strategies’ team drew on its deep business acumen and extensive experience dealing with cultural considerations as well as on its expertise in executive coaching and facilitation.
“Conscient Strategies has allowed our ownership team to recognize where our strengths lay and to develop a path towards alleviating many of the tensions that had been building over a two-year period of time. They helped us recognize that although we continued to expand rapidly, we had not changed the way we were working. Their professionalism, ability to facilitate and identify strengths and weaknesses both individually and as a company enabled us and our team to grow at a time when doing so was paramount.”
What we Accomplished
Our recommendations and actions spanned a number of areas:
Ready to grow a stronger organization?
Contact us to get started.